Last Updated December 2020:
What information might be collected by me through this website?
I may collect information directly from you, such as your name and address; for example, when you fill out a form to request information about Herbalife products, or when you submit information to make a purchase on my website.
What is the lawful business purpose for collecting this information?
Through this website or application, I collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as:
• To prepare and perform an agreement with you, including:
- to process your product orders;
- to deliver or arrange delivery of your products;
- to provide you with advice and follow-up services;
- to handle product returns or warranty claims; and
- for payment purposes.
• To meet my legal obligations, such as:
- for accounting and tax purposes;
- to conduct product call-back operations; and
- to respond to requests for information by competent public bodies and judicial authorities.
• For my legitimate business purposes, such as:
- to allow me to fulfil my obligations toward Herbalife, including obligations under the Herbalife sales and marketing plan;
- to resolve any queries, you may have;
- to improve my services to you and to protect the integrity and security of my services;
- to conduct quality checks;
- to enforce ‘Herbalife’s Independent Associate Rules of Conduct’ and my, or Herbalife’s rights;
- to organize a defence of any legal rights I may have; and
- to provide you with information and advertising about Herbalife’s products, my services, and special offers.
• On the basis of your consent:
- to collect health related information necessary to make Herbalife product recommendations, monitor progress and provide tailored advice; and
- for the use of your e-mail address or telephone number in connection with the marketing of Herbalife products and services and related products and services.
You have a right to not provide me with the personal information or you can withdraw your consent for my collection or use of your personal information at any time by letting me know directly in writing using my contact information provided on my GoHerbalife.com website, or, in the case of marketing communications, by following any opt-out instructions that I may provide in the communication. However, please note that, I may no longer be able to provide you with the corresponding service for which you have withdrawn your consent. Further, please be informed that even if you opt-out from receiving advertisement related communication, I may still send you non-marketing communications about the products or the services that you have already procured or requested from me.
How long will I retain this information?
I retain your information only for as long as required for the purposes for which it was collected (such as to provide you with the product or services, fulfil my business needs and compliances as per the industry standards and my policies, resolve disputes and enforce agreements) or as required by law, whichever is longer. The precise duration depends on the purpose for which the information is being used.
With whom do I share your personal information?
Relevant personal information will be shared with:
• Herbalife for the purposes of product order fulfilment, operating the business and its websites, quality checks, compliance with relevant laws, and the administration of its sales and marketing plan;
• My professional advisors such as accountants and tax advisors;
• Other vendors who help me manage my Herbalife business, such as email delivery services;
• Logistics service providers;
• other Herbalife associates under the Herbalife sales and marketing plan; and
• other parties as required by law, or to comply with a subpoena, legal proceedings, or similar legal or judicial process or arbitration, including disclosure to authorized third party auditors or governmental authorities, or to investigate or prevent fraud.
What are your rights with respect to this personal information?
• If you are an India resident, you have various rights with respect to your personal information. These include the right to access your data, correct it as necessary to ensure it is up-to-date, restrict certain kinds of processing, object to certain kinds of processing (such direct marketing), and the right to data portability (if you wish your information to be sent to another party). You also have the right to have your personal information erased in certain cases (subject to applicable laws).
• If you do not want to receive advertising by e-mail or SMS, you may opt-out of such communications.
• If you are a resident of India and you have concerns about my collection and use of your personal information may contact me using the contact information provided on my website.
If you have additional questions about this policy and my practices, please contact me using my contact information provided on this website.
How will I transfer information?
I may transfer your personal information to a body corporate in India, or located in any other country, who follows practices at least as protective as those described hereunder in accordance with applicable law and you consent to such transfers.
How your personal information is safeguarded?
I maintain appropriate technical and physical security safeguards to protect the personal information you provide to me against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
How will you know if this policy is updated?
Privacy laws, guidelines and case law change continuously. Therefore, this Policy may be amended from time to time. I recommend that you visit my website periodically to be aware of the latest version of this policy.
How can you contact me?
For any complaints, suggestions, or questions about your personal information, you may contact me using the contact information provided on my website and/or application.